Carol’s Baking Powder Biscuits
I have been getting questions from our customers about how to use up raw cream that has “aged” a bit too much to use as sweet cream.
Here, I’m gonna share one of my favorite ways to use “aged” cream. I make biscuits with it.
The biscuits are light and fluffy. Enjoy.
Carol’s baking powder biscuits
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp butter, cold
- 1/2 cup “aged” raw cream, chilled
- 1/2 cup raw whole milk, chilled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
1. Mix dry ingredients in a glass bowl.
2. Grate butter and add cheese into dry ingredients and stir.
3. Stir the milk and cream together.
4. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour the cream/milk into it.
5. Mix (I use my hands) together until you have a somewhat sticky dough. If its dry, add a bit of milk to make it sticky.
6. Dump the dough onto a flour surface and knead 5-7 times to make the dough manageable to roll out without sticking to everything.
7. Roll out to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut biscuits and place on parchment paper covered cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown.
If you have any questions, ALWAYS feel free to contact me via Messenger, text or emails.